Launch new Smart Home and IoT services with TR-369 (also known as User Services Platform or USP) by leveraging your existing TR-069 platform.
User Services Platform (USP) is a standard, defined by the Broadband Forum, which has evolved from TR-069 (CWMP). The new standard is a more flexible, secure, and streamlined way to manage both existing use cases of TR-069 and new connected services focused around IoT and Smart Home, at scale.
TR-369 USP is a natural evolution of the TR-069 standard that enables carriers and CSPs with existing TR-069 solutions to seamlessly migrate to TR-369 USP without a need for new integrations.
The Friendly TR-369 USP Solution
Friendly’s TR 369 USP is an integrated solution for the implementation and management of connected devices. The solution leverages the TR-069 protocol specification and enables carriers and CSPs to transform consumer broadband networks into flexible and secure IoT-enabled solutions.
- Managing additional types of devices – TR-369 USP supports the management of IoT devices in addition to standard telecom devices
- Service management – TR-369 USP has the ability to manage specific services individually
- Coexistence with TR-069 (CWMP) systems – TR-369 USP meets the challenges of connected device management with an interoperable, non-proprietary standard, that easily evolves from existing TR-069 deployments.
- Security – TR-369 USP is designed with application-layer security, authentication, integrity, and privacy from the ground up.
- Management of containers and applications – TR-369 USP allows users to install, monitor, and manage the life cycle of software modules and execution containers on a system represented by a USP Agent, using objects, parameters, and operations built into the Device:2 data model.
- Variety of third-party integration options – TR-369 USP provides the freedom to add new customer services and third-party integrations.
- The network consists of USP Controllers and USP Agents that enable the management of service elements.
- Multi-controller – The USP controller can be an existing TR-069 ACS, or any type of computing device in a data center, a back office, a smartphone, a laptop, etc. The USP agent can be accessed by multiple control points from a number of different stakeholders.
- Customer controls and third-party apps – Wi-Fi optimization, network security, parental control, home automation and security, IoT services, and custom apps.
- Connected devices – The solution supports a greater number and more types of managed devices
- TR-069-based devices
- Proxied devices – Standardized interfaces for Wi-Fi, Pv4, IPv6, and IoT interfaces like ZigBee, Z-Wave, and MQTT – for diagnostic tests, firmware management, and upgrades, and more
- Standardized IoT management – unified management of devices based on non-IP protocols like ZigBee, Z-Wave, and others
- Wi-Fi Optimization
- Analytics collection and monitoring
- Self-support app – allowing customers to monitor, diagnose and fix their connected devices and networks
- Smart gateways – device management and the life cycle management of third-party applications like security, Wi-Fi telemetry, and parental controls
- Secure communication – encrypted communications channel via TLS/DTLS
- Regular firmware upgrades to ensure that attack vectors are closed before there is a problem
- Power management – advanced power usage options for IoT devices, sensors, and meters
- Multi-tenant management
- Based on TR-181 – the Friendly TR-369 USP can be implemented together with the TR-069 solution
- Future-ready solution – provides the freedom to offer new services, as they emerge
In essence, the Friendly solution for TR-369 offer services providers the flexibility and ease of implementing value-added services, which in turn increases the average revenue per user while simultaneously reducing churn in an effective, affordable manner.
© 2022 Friendly Technologies. All rights reserved.