We are looking for a talented and passionate Technical Writer to work full-time (remote) with our Product Team.
In this role, you will be the go-to person for all technical documentation, used both internally and externally.
Who we are
Friendly Technologies is a high-tech company and a global leader in IoT, Smart Home, and Broadband Device Management solutions. The company, founded in 1997, has been providing software to carriers and IoT providers worldwide since 2007. Our global HQ borders Tel Aviv, and we have additional satellite offices around the world.
Our team culture:
The Friendly Team is diverse in age, origin, and personal beliefs. We come together in a melting pot that creates a close-knit environment of highly capable people. At Friendly Technologies, we support autonomy and aim to nurture our team members’ professional growth by providing them with the tools to succeed and leadership opportunities.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications.
- 3-4 years of experience required in an IT/Communication/IoT development environment.
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Ability to read or understand some programming methods.
- Experience in presenting technical information
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Passionate about new technologies.
- You have a solid technical understanding
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with working closely with R&D in the past
- Experience with Telecoms and IoT market and solutions
- Open-source and community contribution background
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and system operations, testing, user documentation, and release notes.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and non-technical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others (technical specifications, RFP responses, user guides, release notes, etc.), ensuring a consistent ‘look and feel.’
The job includes:
- Migrating the old user interface from .NET to the new interface using .NET Core + Angular
- Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Perform tasks including debug, Beta, and production software development
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
How to apply
Please send your CV in English to: jobs-hq[at]friendly-tech[dot]com
We will reply only to relevant applications.
Friendly Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, family status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
© 2022 Friendly Technologies. All rights reserved.