The entire range of testing and reporting, in full compliance with FCC DA 18-710 requirements.
The tool is designed for US broadband carriers and Internet and Wireless Internet Service Providers who are recipients of CAP high-cost universal service support:
- Price cap carriers
- Rate-of-return carriers
- Rural broadband experiment (RBE) support recipients,
- Alaska Plan carriers
- CAF Phase II auction winners.
Friendly’s FCC Speed & Latency Testing Tool is an industry-based framework that supports the entire range of testing and reporting needs, as detailed by FCC DA-710 requirements.
- Easy to deploy, requires minimal professional services
- Easy to use, for scheduling and generation of speed and latency reports
- Facilitates optimized testing conditions, including IXP selection
- Industry-based (TR-143) solution that is device and network agnostic
- Data collection and storage
- Data analytics and audit, via Friendly’s QoE monitoring solution
- Secure and robust solution
- Flexible support
- Connect and test devices on Friendly’s Testing Cloud before purchase
- Cost-efficient solution with flexible packages
Latency testing runs according to the FCC DA 18-710 requirements: “Conduct a minimum of one test per minute—sixty tests per hour—for each testing hour. If the consumer load during a latency test exceeds 64 Kbps downstream, the provider may cancel the test and reevaluate whether the consumer load exceeds 64 Kbps downstream before retrying the test in the next minute”.
Speed testing runs according to the FCC DA 18-710 requirements: “Conduct a minimum of one test per testing hour in each direction (download and upload) and start at the beginning of each test hour. If the consumer load is greater than 64 Kbps downstream for download tests or 32 Kbps upstream for upload tests, the provider may defer the affected test for one minute and reevaluate whether the load exceeds the relevant 64 Kbps or 32 Kbps threshold before retrying the test. This load check-and-retry must continue at one-minute intervals until the speed test can be run or the one-hour test window ends and the test for that hour is canceled.”